Wednesday, May 1, 2013

SCULPTURE OF THE WEEK

I am currently creating "The Little Mermaid" at 18" for a collector in Maui, Hawaii. Years ago, I went to Copenhagen with my daughter. We visited the famous statue of The Little Mermaid on the rocky shores of the city. I wanted to create my own version of this beautiful sculpture. Here she is in bronze on a coral base. She is now available in bronze at 6" and 18" and in bronzed carbomate (high density urethane coated with a thin layer of bronze) at 3'. I just began a new mermaid that will be much darker in spirit.  In a few months we will be opening the new gallery in my home and you can all come and see all my work finally in a beautiful atmosphere with perfect lighting. We have a few surprises in store.

www.ninawinters.com



No comments:

Post a Comment