It is extremely important to keep your bronze sculptures clean and polished, as dust and dirt can eat away at bronze over time.
There are many expensive cleaning products designed specifically for polishing bronze, but it is very simple to clean bronze using common household items.
1. Be sure to dust your bronze sculptures frequently with a soft, dry cloth to prevent a build-up of dust and dirt.
2. Use mild soap and water with a soft cloth to wipe down your sculpture. Ensure that you are using distilled water rather than hard water, as this can leave calcium or lime deposits on your piece. Use a soft bristled toothbrush for any small crevices.
3. Remove all soap from your sculpture by rinsing with pure water (again, ensure that you are not using hard water).
4. Allow your sculpture to dry.
5. Using a soft cloth and coconut oil, polish the bronze. This will not discolor your sculpture.
If your sculpture is already corroded or discolored, this process won't be enough. But this is a wonderful way to maintain your bronze artwork.
I hope this helps you keep your bronze looking beautiful and new!
Visit my website to see my selection of fine bronze sculptures that can be enlarged to any size: