Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sculpture of the week 10/4/11


This week I want to focus on my sculpture "When You Wish Upon a Star". It is made in clay and cast in bronze using the lost wax method. This sculpture is high-polished to a shining golden bronze. From Walt Disney's "Jiminy Cricket", to a lullaby for my daughter, to a dancing star with love at its center, this is a sculpture about the love of a mother and child. I also recently created a "When You Wish Upon a Star" Wearable Sculpture (necklace). The necklace is made at the foundry like my larger pieces, and is patinaed and finished with iridescent waxes, attached to hand sewn ribbon and bronze chain with small bronze star charms. A percentage of the profits from my Wearable Sculptures are going to help build a series of monumental Children's Sculpture Peace Parks. I am working with inner city children, promoting that a drug free individual, household, community and planet will create a more peaceful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment