Friday, October 21, 2011

Concept to Creation: Earth Protector

I came up with the idea for a Trinity of Galactic Heroes some time ago.
I wanted these godly warriors to each carry qualities that are aspired to.
They needed to exude strength, yet composure.

Earth Protector has many meanings.
It has messages both environmental, spiritual and ecological.

Here is first sketch I did of Earth Protector:



From this sketch I created the sculpture. 
I worked first in clay, then cast the piece in bronze at two feet high. 
I knew that this Trinity of Galactic Heroes needed to feel larger than life. 
Even in their table top size, they accomplish that. 
Their bold, abstract lines make each piece feel monumental. 

This is what Earth Protector looks like today:


Definition of HERO

1
a : a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability.

Being larger than life,
she can hold the Earth in her hand. 
She knows the solutions to the problems of our small planet. 
She knows that something CAN be done about it.


Please contact me with any questions regarding prices or commissions:

And visit my website to see the complete Trinity of Galactic Heroes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment